GaydarRadio Announces Record UK Listening Figures
Digital radio station GaydarRadio today (July 25) announced record UK listening figures, with a 12% per cent year on year rise in weekly reach to 224,957 listeners.
These figures are produced by Ipsos MORI and are RAJAR endorsed.
• Year on year weekly reach up 12% to 224,957 listeners
• Year on year monthly reach up 16% to 421,102 listeners
• GaydarRadio remains the number one commercial radio station of choice for GLBT listeners across the UK where Gaydar has a 18% reach compared with Heart 106.2 (16%), Kiss FM (13%) and Capital FM (12%)
• The weekly female audience figure has nearly doubled year on year (82% growth)
• Encouraging 21% growth in morning listeners (9am- 11.59am) while other commercial radio stations have been struggling to retain listeners at breakfast time.
• Strong growth in listeners tuning in via Sky Digital (24%) and DAB (26%)
According to independently audited data from ABC ELECTRONIC for May 2006, users of the online streaming services of GaydarRadio are listening for an average 40.53 minutes per session*.
Commenting on the new figures, Jamie Crick, Station Director, said: “This is fantastic news for us and shows that the continuing investment we have made in our live programming is delivering a highly attractive service for current and potential listeners.
“This survey demonstrates without doubt that the continued growth in listeners tuning into digital radio gives advertisers a unique opportunity to develop multi-platform radio campaigns that can reach more diverse audiences, making the most of new technology which allows greater interactivity.”
Richard Foan, Managing Director, ABC ELECTRONIC, said: “"It is really encouraging that GaydarRadio is delivering both comparability and transparency by committing to having its site traffic figures independently verified to industry agreed standards. ABC ELECTRONIC certification continues to provide the online media industry with an important tool to support media buyers and advertisers in their buying decisions, and for the market as a whole to demonstrate trusted accountability of spend online."
In addition, new Hitwise research for the week ending July 15 shows that based on a custom category of commercial radio websites in the UK, GaydarRadio has a clear market leading share of 29.07% share of visits.
Hitwise rankings for the week ending July 15 2006 reveals the share of visits to commercial radio websites as follows:
GaydarRadio 29.07 per cent
Classic FM 15.23 per cent
Virgin Radio 12.49 per cent
Kiss 100 7.78 per cent
XFM 6.48 per cent
Kerrang! 5.97 per cent
Talksport.net 5.73 per cent
Capital Online 4.02 per cent
Heart 106.2 FM 2.72 per cent
Smooth FM 2.52 per cent
July 25 2006
Back to Press Releases